Sunday, July 28, 2013

week 26 winners

Here are the answers @twilightladies1 gave to my judgey questions.


1. What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve been given? 
Keep writing. If you're struggling, keep going. It's always easy to go back and edit

 2. The first and last books you fell in love with? 
The first one was The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I had to read that in school when I was younger and I just fell in love with it. I've read it so many times now. 
The last one was Sleepers by Lorenzo Carcaterra. A colleague recommended this to me to read on a flight and I couldn't put it down. Based on a true story about friendship  between four boys. 

3. What are you listening to right now?
I have the radio on in the background why hubby shouts at his PS3

4. There's a rubber stamp mark on your hand. What does it say?
"Remember to smile."

5. Suppose you could travel to any place in time and history. When and where are you going?
You'd find me somewhere in the Georgian Era. It's a time that I'm fascinated by, yet don't know enough about.




@moonlit__girl - 
So good but heartbreaking at the same time! A reminder of how much summer romances can hurt.

@sandyquill - This is great and made me smile! I loved this - very cute! Shows that not all summer romances can end in heartbreak - if you know that its just for the summer.

@sulliedsoles - I love the use of both prompts - the start of summer and her crush looking at her. This took me back to my first summer “love” and I had butterflies reading it. Loved it, and intrigued for more! I want to know how her summer goes!

@sri_ffn - So much said in such little words! I loved it, and I’m so intrigued for more!

@everydaybella89 - I loved this! You expect relationships to fail but then its always nice when you see them wanting to make a go and work at it!

@believeitornott - My heart breaks for these two. They seem to have so much against them. The romantic in me is left hoping they can get past their obstacles.

@bigblueboat - I loved this - you feel very hopeful for this couple!

@MrsRobCullen - So heartbreaking! You feel for both of them, knowing some things just aren’t meant to be.

@sparklymeg - Love! Nice to see both of them wanting to continue their summer romance!

@TinsleyWarren - I loved this! The first time I read it I had a smile on my face and I kept coming back to it - great flash! The idea of a summer love continuing and becoming their future is great and I thought this was a great take on the prompt.

@PinkCookie - Oh god this made me laugh! I remember being young, trying to impress some guy and then something goes so wrong and it feels like the worst thing ever! Captured perfectly - I loved it!

@LisbethTejada - This was beautiful. So much conveyed in such little words - loved it!

@Mylisssa - Ouch, this one hurt! I feel so sorry for her falling victim to school politics. Fab take on the prompt!

@Shneezles - I adore this one, it’s just beautiful!

@hummingbirdFF - A guy with a crush is always adorable and it put such a smile on my face. I liked how you used the prompt to write his view instead of hers - very unique!

@LouiseClark75 - This is all  things summer and romance - I loved it!

@GeekChic12FF - My heart was breaking for her at the start! I’m glad he came to his senses. Loved this!!

@ChocoMG2112 - This was great - a unique take on the prompt which I loved!

@femme_mal - Showing that making your own memories count, not using the movies and books. Loved it!

@mslizabeth - I love! Everyone has that small bit of self-doubt in there, it was great to see it being used in this prompt!



First Place - @TinsleyWarren

Second Place - @sulliedsoles

Honourable Mention - @hummingbirdFF


...


Congratulations @TinsleyWarren!

Thank you to @twilightladies1 for judging, and to everyone who participated.

See you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment